Channel participation in sales opportunities was happening too late, impacting sales and increasing sales cycles. We assessed the situation and fixed communication problems, which resulted in higher partner involvement and more sales.
The VP Sales tasked our client, the Sales Director, to bring in partners earlier in sales opportunities.
- Lack of channel partner input meant lost sales.
- Sales cycles were too long.
- Channel partners being brought into deals too late in the sales cycle.
How We Solved It
Virtira discovered that a breakdown in communications was causing the problems. We helped develop a communications and training plan to solve the issues and engage partners earlier.
- Managed partner engagement by splitting the project into multiple tracks based on technology solutions.
- Developed and produced extensive training and client/partner events.
- Produced all communications.
- Consulted with leadership to gain insights to transform the process.
- Designed status dashboards and a reporting cycle for the large team.
- Tracked action items, set up regular meetings, discussed solutions.
Partner engagement improved in every sale at an early stage and revenues. Quota attainment climbed significantly higher:
- The client can focus on a greater number of sales opportunities.
- Partners are better positioned to spot opportunities.
- Relationships between channel partners and the sales force have improved.
- New skills developed in the partner channel to spot and qualify new deals.
- Opportunity volumes increased as the combined capacity of teams expanded.