Implementing an Online Dashboard to Support Executive Decisions
The over-burdened analytics team was unable to keep up with the increasing demand for data analytics reports from key stakeholders.
We overhauled the reporting process and introduced online, easy to understand dashboards that gave leadership what they needed.
The client’s data analytics teams were unable to keep up with executive demands for timely, accurate information.
- Decision-making process required a lot of guesses without the reports to support decisions
- Narrow bandwidth on the in-house analytics staff resulted in reports being dropped or not created at all
- Needed specific analytics across certain product portfolios to identify market opportunities in new regions.
HOW WE SOLVED IT
Our consultants implemented a program control model and introduced new reporting solutions.
- Implemented remote team project control and planning methodologies
- Assessed the process and people gaps and initiated a plan for remediation, including meetings with leadership to understand their ongoing needs
- Built an analytics dashboard that provided real-time updates and snapshot of potential opportunities to the client
- Generated business analytics for new business regions
- Key components of data from three different sources were married together, creating usable and digestible analytics
- Created immediate wins and introduced incremental implementation incorporating feedback from senior management
Leadership had the information, when they needed it, in easily understandable reports to make decisions from.
- Helped save several hundred hours from the reporting and automation process
- Freed up the Manager, Data Analytics and his team to focus on supporting the business strategy
- Re-implemented key reports which were dropped due to lack of bandwidth