Implementing a Balanced Score Card to Help Executives Target Strategic Growth
Our consultants transformed manual, inconsistent reporting into enterprise-wide business insights.
Business decisions were based on inaccurate, inconsistent information due to the lack of ‘a single source of truth’ for sales reporting.
- No standard way of filtering data collected from different sources
- Different managers in the same meeting were reporting different numbers
- Duplication of data gathering and cleansing efforts
- Sales managers buried in data details, with less time to focus on sales
- Struggling to manage huge amount of data in Excel
How We Solved It
Sales leadership needed an easier way to understand trends in goal attainment across all territories and product lines in order to make decisions on territory alignment and sales incentives.
- Worked with executives to identify what data they needed in what formats from which sources
- Needed a way to have quickly understand if sales were promoting the solutions and products that the management wanted them to focus on
- Required reports to make decisions about motivating the sales force to win against intense competitive behavior
The Balanced Scorecard was adopted by sales leadership as a key sales reporting and sales force motivation tool.
- Dashboards are utilized by everyone in the hierarchy for decision making
- Balanced Score Card drives competition within the field
- Allows Sales Leadership to steer focused effort in business areas where management wants to see strategic sales growth