We provided virtual and onsite program support for a client who had won a major contract supporting the 2012 National Democratic Convention.
The client won a significant bid to provide network services and had to install, test, and perform network design for all venues and headquarters for the DNC in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2012.
- Tight timelines and budgets.
- Last minute venue change due to weather.
- Working with Microsoft, Cisco, Google, AT&T to ensure successful roll-out.
How We Solved It
Virtira provided remote and on-site project management, collaborating with the Democratic National Convention and client teams.
- Set up and managed tracking off all Cisco equipment, install and testing in venues.
- Developed project plans and status reports.
- Organized weekly meetings for the core team.
- Tracked team action items.
- Provided onsite project support during the event.
Extreme weather caused a last-minute venue change. Because of our detailed project logs and stakeholder action tracking, we were able to assist in moving the event with very little notice.
We ran a lessons learned workshop, which resulted in revised consolidated project documentation with enhanced disaster recovery for the next cycle.